Old castle "des Abbyes"
B-6852 Beth (Paliseul)
The chateau of the "Abbyes" was once the property of the abbeys of Stavelot and Saint Hubert. It can be found mentioned in sources from as far back as the XIII century, since the seigneury was exempt from the law of Beaumont un 1267. The property has passed through several seigniorial families over time, until it was sold by the count of Gourcy to the nuns of the Visitation in 1874. The chateau was first converted into a monastery and then into a ladies' boarding school.